Celestion Ditton 25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I have a pair of Celestion Ditton 25's and really need some info.

I know they have a lousy mid-range performance, and I know that the ABR gives them a slow, plodding bass.

I'm fairly sure that the tweeter is a HF2000, the as used in the Ditton 66.

What I want to know, is the 12" bass driver the same as the one in the Ditton 66? Does anyone have the specs for this driver please?

I have found a wealth of info about the 66's but hardly anything about the 25's

Help, please? Anyone?

Regards,

Lee.

Long ago , but a reply may still be useful

Celestion 25 and 44 and 66 all used the same woofer.
There were two versions of this woofer , but both work exactly the same for bass and lower midrange.
One version has a larger dust cap and the other smaller , and that can affect the upper midrange ,
part of which is from this driver in the 25.
The 25 was designed to be a high efficiency loudspeaker , to allow for lower powered amplifiers used , and still sound loud ,
but it is only useful for Rock and some types of Pop music.
Its midrange quality is too rough for Classical and various other types of music.

There are a lot of Specifications and some measurements posted for the woofer in the very long thread titled:
celestion 66 needs Mid-range
started by:
Mr_White

The issues about the ABR bass quality will be addressed in part soon in the latter pages of the above thread ,
in the 90s numbered pages when I have time available to continue there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.