Anyone out there use cerwin vega......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i'm doing a setup and i have bout 1.5^3ft to work with (16x13x13) and would like to know if i can use a Vega 104 in this amount of space. The owner is not tryin to hit 100 and sumting decibels but just wants nice, clean, heavy low bass. We're getting the sub for $50 brand new hence why we're going with it. Please lend me a hand with some enclosure options that can fit the for this woofer,prferable ported and if you know of it's performance, please say.;)

I guess you have seen this:
http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/pdf/vega/Vega_subwoofers_manual.pdf

They have two vented setups recommended in that manual.

I use a Vega 154 in a closed box, myself. It rocks! I'm going to use linkwitz transformation to get it flat down to 20 Hz or so but I havent got around to it yet. So for now it doesn't play that deep but I'm impressed by how low it manages to go in a 50 liter closed box.

There can be some problems with running them in closed boxes, though. I'd stick with the ported one if I were you.

One thing is clear: I'm keeping my Vega's for a long, long time!

/Marcus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.