Mystery woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given 2 woofers. They are 8'' in diameter. They have no name on them. The impedance is not marked and the only identifying numbers on them are :

#25446 Made in USA
SN: C2M2131004346

Someone told me that they think that these woofers were used in Martin Logan Aerius loudspeakers but I can't seem to find out any info on them.

Does anyone here have any idea as to what they are? I'm interrested in getting the thiele / small parameters.

Thanks;

Doug

Doug said:

Someone told me that they think that these woofers were used in Martin Logan Aerius loudspeakers but I can't seem to find out any info on them.

Post a picture of them. I've seen pretty much all the different revisions of woofers that were used in the Aerius (three different ones, IIRC). Should be able to at least tell you if they ARE from an Aerius.

Heck, now that I think about it, I may actually HAVE one of these woofers, of one of the three revisions... your woofers don't happen to have 'inverted' (ie, concave) dustcaps, do they?

Regards,
Gordon.

mystery woofers

Sorry it took me so long to reply but my camera isn't working. I just had someone else take 2 pics of these woofer. The file is quite large approx 750 kb. I was wondering how large they should be before I post them?

It says on that max file size is 102400 bytes, is that total for all pics or total each?

mystery woofer pics

Here are the pics for these woofers finally!! Thanks to some creative editing by planet10.... I will try and get some better pics taken at different angles.

Doug

Attachments

• doug-woofers.jpg
    doug-woofers.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 241
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.