Testing Crossovers w/ unknown component values

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a number of older Rockford Fosgate car stereo crossovers that look to have good, not great, components in them (air core inductors and poly caps). Without ripping these all apart to see what the values are, is there any way to test them to see what their crossover points are? Some of the caps I can see but, their is nothing on the inductors. I was thinking a series of sine waves and loading them with a 4ohm resistor and measuring the voltage at the resistor. I am clueless if this would work or if there would be a better alternative.

Thanks in advance, Ken

hi THUMP LUMP

You could:

0- search crossovers datasheet, or

1- buy un inductance meter (or a DMM with inductance meter), measure inductors and calcolate frequency, or

2- Buy a sinusoidal generator, a frequency meter, a linear amp, a resistive load and observe attenuation of voltage on the load...

IMMO, if you want to know the value of inductance for re-using inductors, method 1 is the best...;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.