KEF - rebuild into OB ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old pair of KEF speakers which have seen better days (previous owner painted the cabinets with black car stone-chip paint!)

I would like to rebuild them for obvious reasons.

They are 3-way similar to the '70s Cadenza or KefKit3 with the T27, B110 and B139

Would an OB design work.
( I was impressed by the designs on show at the UK DIY meet in July)

Could I use the same crossover?

Thanks

Andy

Just to avoid possible confusion I think you probably mean "Concertos". The Cadenza had the T27, a big magnet version of the B200 and an ABR (or "drone cone") on a B139 frame. The Kef Kit 3 had the drivers you mention. The x-over should be okay. BTW there were a few suggested upgrades of the original x-over and there is a v.good site in the UK devoted to early Kef stuff. Can't think of the name right now but I'll get back to you on that. They will be helpful.

Five mins later, I'm back. Try "hifiloudspeakers.info" in Google and all you Kef fantasies will be realised.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.