Active combined with passive XO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 2-way system with active 12db/Oct. LR LP-filter on the bassdriver and passive 6dB on the tweeter. XO is 2KHz....

Drivers are timealigned on front

Qustion:

How to phase the drivers? It sounds best with normal on bass and reversed on tweeter, but not much different with normal on both (perhaps not good phase tracking?)

If I changed the tweeter filter to 12dB, how to phase drivers?

How is a reverse null audible? It should be placed at 2kHz.....what to listen after and what kind of music?

Skorpio said:

If I changed the tweeter filter to 12dB, how to phase drivers?

Skorpio, if you use a passive xover w/ a second order (inductor + cap) xover for the woofer and a second order (inductor + cap) for the tweeter you must reverse phase in one of them, so they will not be +90º and -90º out of phase, the same as 180º.

Re: Re: Active combined with passive XO

Inductor said:

Skorpio, if you use a passive xover w/ a second order (inductor + cap) xover for the woofer and a second order (inductor + cap) for the tweeter you must reverse phase in one of them, so they will not be +90º and -90º out of phase, the same as 180º.

Hmmm....... Unless the drivers are perfect completely wrong in terms of must, :)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.