Transmission lines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had success with a TL design drawn by the people on this board with Martin King's mathcad sheets. Very pleased with the enclosure, gives a different sound to any other design I've heard and the bass keeps going lower and lower without suddenly dissapearing (its a small sub design).

Those worksheets are available but perhaps someone would model it if you told us the model of the driver. Usually a high Qms of around 3-6, a low Qes around 0.3-0.4 and a low Qts of about 0.3-0.4 work well combined with a relatively low resonance frequency (30Hz would be good). If your parameters are way outside this you may not be met with such success.

Driver Parameters

Hi
The speaker is a 12 inch carbon fibre model with the brand name Response. This Is a brand of speaker sold in australia for some time by Jaycar electronics.
Here are the parameters
spl93
vas 230 litres
Fs 21.3 Hz
Qts 0.35
Qes 0.36
Qms 8.71
z 8ohms
I plan to use this woofer as a basis for my 3 way. Driving amp will be a paralell 300b of around 15 to 18 watts
Thanks for your help
Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.