Pics of my DIY Scan-Speak Ultimate Revelation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Here are some pics of the building my DIY Scan-Speak Ultimate Revelation project from http://www.solen.ca.

I completed them in about a 1.5 months and they turned out great. I used a gloss black finnish and sanded to 2000 grit.
The paint, primer and clear coat are all normal automotive spray paint. The final finish was waxed and hand buffed to give it a deep mirror shine.

The sound of the speakers are excellent. It amazining the bass you can get out of the Scan-speak 5.5" revelator drivers and the tweeter is very very clear. Well worth the extra cost for these pricey drivers. I have pics of the finished speakers still in my camera and I have to get them developed, so I will post them later.

James C.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi James

Your speakers are looking great, but you might want to modify your crossovers a little;)

It is best practice when mounting inductors to place them at right angles to each other to prevent mutual coupling, ie the EMF from one inductor can cause stray currents in others mounted in the same plane.

When do we get to see the finished article, been to the developers yet?;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.