accurian homeplug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I purchased a pair of Accurian Homeplug Receiver/Speakers from RS. They do not carry the Audio Transmitters any longer, which are needed to make the speakers work. Anyone know how to get these to work with another type of receiver, or how to disconnect the receiver to allow the spekers to be harwired? Thanks!

The receiver card is a daughtercard that sits above the 50 watt amplifier. You can unplug the receiver from the amplifier (actually the cord from the receiver goes to a slide switch on the back of the unit) and connect audio into this cord (using the existing amplifier which is OK but not great...or you can completely remove the amplifier board and run audio directly into the speaker wires (which plug into the back of the amplifier board near the back). The power transformer is also located inside the speaker but that can be left there.

These speakers sound surprisingly good for what they cost (30 dollars a pair). The crossover is a single nonpolar cap in the lead to the tweeter.

Another mod which I haven't had time to do yet is to change out the two crappy 4556 opamps in the amplifier. I would think that changing these to a better dual like the 5532 would make the amp sound a lot better.

By the way..the 50 watt (25 RMS per channel) is available as a stand alone unit for 15 dollars. It takes 5 minutes and no soldering to turn it into a decent audio amp (hint: the line out jacks become inputs).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.