Capacitor type for crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thats what I was saying about the electorlytics- gee their only 30 years old *sarcasm*.

Anyways, the magnavox horns are from early 1965 , and have alnico magnets, I very much doubt they have ferrofluid in them.

They are very similar to the Jensen designed ones, but I believe they are actually made by Heppner.

Alright! I'm going to see if I can get an L-pad at radio shack.. or order two from an online retailer. I will play around with different values cap/resistor combination untill I get them to even out. As for the distortion:

I'm currently in the process of building a PP 6bq5 stereo amp, so when it is finished I will have a better way of telling if it is the amp or not. My 7868 amp sounded BEAUTIFUL through these speakers, however it is torn down right now for power supply upgrading .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.