Downwards Bass port in a Bookshelf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

Im just designing the cabinet for my new bookshelf speakers, using Hivi D6.8 and Hivi SD1.1A tweeter, they are actively bi-wired with two gainclones each to give you a bit of background.

Now, I have chosen the 2" precision port from PE (should be ariving today) and I'm doing a Cad drawing.

Now from what I can see and using WinISD to calculate box dimensions and port length (precison port req. 1" extra to accomodate for the flared ends) Im going to have trouble leaving a 2" gap between the end of the tube and internal speaker wall (or in this case the back of the tweeter; max achievable gap is 1")

Without resorting to making the box even deeper, can I place the port facing downlwards as opposed to the conventional? rear mounting. (obviously the cabinet will be on spikes) as this would give me plenty of clearance. I will be using 19mm MDF.

thanks for any input

Regards

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.