Speaker enclosures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just about to put the face on my speaker for the last time. It's a vented MTM enclosure. It has two scan-speak 6" mid-woofs and a scan-speak tweeter. They are going to be used with a good sub crossed over at 80 Hz. So, they aren't designed to put out much bass below 80Hz. I think their -3dB is 65Hz.

I've lined the inside walls with that tar stuff you can get from parts express. I've put two plate cross braces drilled full of holes in a hex pattern. I plan to put some stuffing in as well. Right now if I rap on the side it's totally dead.

So, what else should I do before sealing it? Should I forgo the stuffing? Should I remove the asphalt-like sheets?

I've already been testing and listening to it. It sounds incredible. I had Madisound design the box and crossover for me. I think that was 30 dollars well spent. Especially since the total cost of the these speakers will be around $800 a piece.

Thanks,
Pixie

pictures are what separates the internet from a lame BBS :)

on a side note, dynamat does wonders on sonics for just about anything, but it RUINS your hands if you dont wear gloves when working with it... i didnt get the warning, and my hands still have numerous cuts on them from the darn stuff.

i was truly amazed at what the stuff can do though! and im lucky enough to get it at 60-70% off too, so its not really even expensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.