SEAS 2way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning to build a 2way enclosure using SEAS drivers.

The plan is to use CA18RLY + 27TFFC, ~2200Hz crossover.
Can this two drivers work together? ( I'd like 6db electrical crossover)

The room is ~4x5m (i hope it will be ~4.5x6m in 1-2 years).
This will be used mainly for music: Rock, Jazz, Classic.

What do you think about this combination?
Is the bass from CA18RLY enough for this type of music?

Regards,
Sorin

Yes, 27TDFC looks good.

I don't know anything about Monacor. But Monacor store is ~200m from my home. :) I will make them a visit.

Another question about woofer: is there a big difference between 15cm and 18cm woofer in low frequency? The 15cm driver seems easier to cross in a 2way.

Hi!
Very easy and good proven speaker is Embla built by Seas.
If you search on internet you can find box dimension and crossover schematic. It is a two way built and tested with good result. Now is discontinued that why you have all plans. I built and sounds good. You do not need recalculate crossover. Better go with already done one than with suppose working one.
Hope this help you.

if still interested:

I would buy 29TFF/W and 27TBFCG or 27TDFC. Then use 27's chamber with 29 Tweeter. You will get best seas standart textile TW. (I tried this with a friend! and comapred to many seas standart drivers and measured...)

you can sell the rest as 27TBF/G or 27TDF.

If you still plan 2way system. I would use two 18cm woofers in MTM.
If you think of 3way you can try seas CA21rex/DD from madison sale with MB quart mid (also in sale) and some TW (22TAFD for example)

already exists a simulated crossover for this:
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca21mbquart22taflp6.jpg

Unfortunately, the SEAS is hard to get here (I need to wait 1month+)

I came up with a project with Dayton drivers. What do you think about this?

Attachments

• 2way dayton_small.gif
    2way dayton_small.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 853
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.