Audax HD3P - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2013, 07:06 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

hoping someone can help.did anyone manage to fix their tweeters?
mine are in need of air.
hoping hammerworks can help but did anybody else manage to sort it out?
thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 09:15 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Repair?

Hi,

Mine are starting to go on some days. Click the image to open in full size.

Moca Audio in France will repair them The cost is 60 euro/tweeter plus shipping cost.

I purchased another pair on ebay with the idea of having a go repairing these myself. So far I have discovered that there is a screw in the middle of the rear (covered by a label) if you remove this, air can be pumped through to re-pressurize the dome.

What I need to do now is get a piece made that replaces the screw with a hole down the middle, I can then attach a tube with a cycle valve.

Watch this space!
Old 18th January 2013, 11:03 PM   #23
thalis is online now thalis  Greece
diyAudio Member

with just 2-3 turns in this screw, you can pump in air (gently - you can do it with your mouth as well) and have a timeframe of ca 4-5 seconds to screw it tightly afterwards. Experiment a little and you will be able to do it easily
I managed to rescue 4 pairs of them, which I thought (for years) that were forever lost.
Old 19th January 2013, 10:26 AM   #24
AndrewT is online now AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
..................What I need to do now is get a piece made that replaces the screw with a hole down the middle, I can then attach a tube with a cycle valve.
I wonder if there is a carburettor screw that could do?
Old 19th January 2013, 02:18 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

The screw size is 2.4mm and the hole to be no more than about .5mm.
When the weather gets warmer I will have a go at making something in my workshop.
Old 20th January 2013, 07:55 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

thanks for the info guys.
my tweeters still have output but it is low in level.am i right in thinking they are deflating because i can see the wrinking around the edges of the dome.i can still feel there is some pressure when i gently touch the middle area of the dome?
also do you guys agree that these have an unusually sweet sound but lots of detail.i have not heard these when fully inflated as they were in a pair of used speakers that i bought.
Old 20th January 2013, 08:22 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi fransiscan, your tweeters are definitely deflating... it happens to them all eventually. You'll find the detail will be fully restored when they are re-inflated although they will take a few days to get back the fluidity they are famous for. I hope you received my e-mail detailing the repair process, and take note of the caution on over-inflating. Once you have burst one, it's all over.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:14 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

hej guys, i was trying to repair a hd 3p but the front gold exploded... is there anybody would like to sell me a not functioning hd3p to experiment with? thanks a lot,
gianmaria
Old 16th January 2014, 02:31 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Info help HD tweeter. Meadowlark Nightingale

New to diyAudio.

Could someone provide me with help on reinflation of tweeter. I just purchased a pair of Nightingale speakers that are coming soon and one drive is deflated.

Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 07:27 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi1959 View Post
New to diyAudio.

Could someone provide me with help on reinflation of tweeter. I just purchased a pair of Nightingale speakers that are coming soon and one drive is deflated.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalis View Post
with just 2-3 turns in this screw, you can pump in air (gently - you can do it with your mouth as well) and have a timeframe of ca 4-5 seconds to screw it tightly afterwards. Experiment a little and you will be able to do it easily
I managed to rescue 4 pairs of them, which I thought (for years) that were forever lost.

Hide this!Advertise here!