Audax HD3P - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2010, 09:14 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Thanks, brilliant.
Old 20th February 2010, 02:33 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hi Hammerworks,

Just seen your post on reflating the HD-3P and an amazed - and impressed. I never thought of that.
At Hi-Fi World magazine we produced World Audio Design kit loudspeakers using this tweeter, back in the 1990s and sold large quantities, even though they cost £100 each then! Few commercial loudspeakers ever used the HD-3P because of its price. Unfortunately, readers regularly contact us about their 'deflating tweeters', often in despair because it had a unique sound. It is probably one of the purest, sweetest and easiest yet accurate (under measurement) tweeters ever. However, it only reached down to 6kHz (4k later I recall) and the front face plate was so large it was always more than a wavelength from the midrange, so phase matching was never ideal. We asked Audax to fit our own smaller plate, but they were not interested, even on an order for 50 pairs.
Can you let me know about the fix please? You can e-mail me at publisher@hi-fiworld.co.uk (it is an open, public address). If you want to keep it secret for commercial reasons, just let me know.
On a related issue I see Audax drivers still being sold and wonder whether they are old stock or new manufacture. It looks like someone bought the Audax tooling, looking at the remaining inert website. I am awaiting replies from some French contacts and will let this forum know if I can dig up anything interesting. Audax made a great range of drivers but were hopeless to deal with at the time.

Noel Keywood, publisher, Hi-Fi World magazine
Old 27th February 2010, 06:14 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

hello every one
I am a new comer on Diyaudio forum. I found the forum looking for a method to repair my Leedh ICA loudspeakers.
Hi Hammerworks I am interested by your method to reflate the HD-3P. Please would you mind sending me your method as I don't want to change my equipment. Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Dom
Old 28th February 2010, 09:24 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody and my french friends....

On little link:

Atelier de réparation et vente de haut-parleurs AUDAX

You can find some AUDAX speakers....
Old 1st March 2010, 07:24 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

thank you Eclerj but Mr Houlbert don t repare the hd3p
Old 12th March 2010, 03:18 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Audax hd3p

Hi all,
I just joined this forum, not as fanatic engineer but as a fanatic high-end Belgian music lover since...50 years and having tried many music reproduction systems. At present and since 10 years I play the legendary black laquered Leedh Nacza loudspeaker system which contains the HD3P's. They still perform extremely well and I never had any problem of the kind described. Moving soon to an appartement due to retirement I may have to sell them but, very sadly so !
Virgilius
Old 1st April 2010, 06:10 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi Hammerworks,
I also own a pair of HD3P I'd like to re-inflate. Can you please help with your prcedure?
Thanks
JP
Old 9th August 2010, 09:44 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Dear Hammerworks,
with a really long delay, and with my best apologies, I sent you today a private mail hoping you are still available to give me your advices on the HD3P.

Sorry again,

Best regards,
GM
Old 7th June 2011, 11:13 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi Hammerworks. I built the Hi-Fi world loudspeaker KLS Gold II using the HD-3P only to have them deflate on me. I subsequently found a pair on ebay to replace them, only to find they eventually went flat as well. Now I have four deflated tweeers, and would really appreciate finding out about the reflation method you use. My email is sdroyd@yahoo.co.uk
Old 14th November 2011, 04:20 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Did you eventually have any luck on inflating the HD3P's and what did you do?
Mine are starting to go (

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!