Boston Acoustics 8" woofer needed for T830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your woofer may have developed the same problem as mine. I have 5 inch Boston woofers.

I heard one rattling ( have four in the room) and took the grill off. The foam suspension was getting a little gooey and was separating from the cone.

The alignment was still good so I took some nail polish and went around all four woofers with a thick sloppy coat of nail polish at the seem of the cone and suspension.

Been workin' like new ever sense. These are well over ten years old and the suspension of this type eventually rots. I figure I have a few years left.

Here in Houston is Allen Speaker Company. This guy rebuilds speakers in a matter of minutes. Probably less than $30. He said that most woofers are very similar in that they all get their parts from common suppliers. At least that is what I understood. Their main business is guitar amps in general, but they fix any type of speaker. Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.