monitor audio studio 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2007, 08:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Wink monitor audio studio 20

Who know a web page with this loudspeakers cabinet design???

Best
Regards

Rui Rocha
Old 6th July 2007, 02:20 AM   #2
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

I did a fast search and found this. I'd like to point out, in case you don't know, that each cabinet is usually designed for a specific set of drivers. It's my understanding that Monitor Audio either builds (or has built) their own drivers.

Anyway, this gives some info including the outside dimensions of the cabinets:

Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE Speakers; Floor standing speakers, each speaker has one 1" gold plated aluminum dome tweeter and one 6 1/2" aluminum-magnesium-ceramic cone woofer; frequency response 30 Hz - 30 kHz plus or minus 3 dB, sensitivity 89 dB/W/M, nominal impedance 8 Ohms, power handling capacity 200 watts, size 36"H x 8"W x 10 1/2"D, weight 55 pounds each; $4,499 per pair (Rosewood); Monitor Audio USA, P.O. Box 1355, Buffalo, New York 14205-1355, Phone (905)-428-2800, Fax (905)-428-0004.

Hope this helps,
TerryO
Old 6th July 2007, 07:16 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TerryO
I did a fast search and found this. I'd like to point out, in case you don't know, that each cabinet is usually designed for a specific set of drivers. It's my understanding that Monitor Audio either builds (or has built) their own drivers.

Anyway, this gives some info including the outside dimensions of the cabinets:

Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE Speakers; Floor standing speakers, each speaker has one 1" gold plated aluminum dome tweeter and one 6 1/2" aluminum-magnesium-ceramic cone woofer; frequency response 30 Hz - 30 kHz plus or minus 3 dB, sensitivity 89 dB/W/M, nominal impedance 8 Ohms, power handling capacity 200 watts, size 36"H x 8"W x 10 1/2"D, weight 55 pounds each; $4,499 per pair (Rosewood); Monitor Audio USA, P.O. Box 1355, Buffalo, New York 14205-1355, Phone (905)-428-2800, Fax (905)-428-0004.

Hope this helps,
TerryO

hello terry

Yes i know Monitor Audio built their own drivers but i have two tweteer and two mid/woofers brand new original one, but i dont have cabinet drawing to built one.

Best Regards
RuiRocha
Old 7th July 2007, 06:13 PM   #4
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes i know Monitor Audio built their own drivers but i have two tweteer and two mid/woofers brand new original one, but i dont have cabinet drawing to built one.

Best Regards
RuiRocha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It sounds as if you're part of the way there already, but unless you have a friend that already has a pair and will let you disassemble it in order to take measurements, you're going to have to reverse engineer the speaker. The outside dimensions at least give you an idea what the maximum displacement of the speaker is. IIRC, there is a compartment within the cabinet, which is empty and that should be subtracted from the total, or at least duplicated in your design. The very best idea, and this is my opinion, would be to get the driver's T/S parameters and model an enclosure to the advertised tuning (remember that every advertisement has a certain amount of optimistic correction built in).
Read every review on the speaker you can find, sometimes you can glean information from those that will indicate what the designers were intending to do when they designed it originally.
Not the easiest project, but if you have the resources, it can be done.
Good Luck,
TerryO

Hide this!Advertise here!