Rega R5 tweeters replacement. Help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All!

I have made a test my new DAC by Test CD with samples of sound with high frequency and damaged my Rega R5 loudspeakers. Tweeters were broken.
Rega uses TC20TD-04/06 and I didn't find any information about the tweeters. Seems it is some special model Vifa for Rega.
Could you recommend me some replacement for the tweeters because I cannot find it in Russia.
There is available only TC20TD-05/06.
Could you please advice me some replacement for the tweeter?

PS I wrote to Rega Co, about possibility to replace it by some another type of tweeter but they keep silenca.

....here comes the Bump! :)

I may have to replace one of these as well. I have the R5s with one dead tweeter.
Any tips where to get one in addition to (possibly) getting from Rega? Google seems pretty quiet on this particular tweeter.

Anyone have a spare one lying around? :)

....here comes the Bump! :)

I may have to replace one of these as well. I have the R5s with one dead tweeter.
Any tips where to get one in addition to (possibly) getting from Rega? Google seems pretty quiet on this particular tweeter.

Anyone have a spare one lying around? :)

Contact with your local representer of Rega.
I got a new tweeters from them.

Unfortunately, I didn't got exactly TC20TD-04/06 but some new type (I don't remember type). It has new construction and new look.
As I remember It was possible to find it in Vifa standard catalog.
I was surprised and may that was not correct replacement but I had no choice.
Cost was about market price of Vifa tweeters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.