Looking for a tweeter...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, everyone.

I'm looking for a tweeter to use in a two-way speaker with an Audax AP210Z0 8" Aerogel midbass from Parts Express. The tweeter should be shielded, and should have a Fs that's low enough to cross over to the Audax midbass between 2800 and 3000 Hz. I'm not partial to either metal or textile domes, and I'd be willing to consider ring radiators. However, I'd like to keep the price of the tweeter under $75 each, just because I can't justify spending more than that on a tweeter. Any help you can give me is awesome.

I would recommend the shielded version of the SEAS 27TBFC/G, available from Madisound. You can get a pair for just about your maximum price for one, and they are one of the best tweeters at ANY price. I own a pair -

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104053

and can attest to their excellence. Zaph Audio has invaluable information, both in measurements and designs. See his BAMTM loudspeaker.

It can be crossed far lower than your requirements so will have no problems there. You just can't go wrong with these.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.