new DSP software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I came across this link today

www.juicehifi.com

They offer software which builds convolution filters for room correction, crossovers etc.

I'm going to build a pc crossover system later this year and frequency allocator was favourite, but it doesn't have any room correction (apart from parametric eq of course). I would be interested to see if anyone has tried "Audiolense" yet.

I am planning a 3 way active system and what I don't uderstand is how the convolution filter is used to access 6 output channels. Can anyone enlighten me?

mleggett said:
I came across this link today

www.juicehifi.com

They offer software which builds convolution filters for room correction, crossovers etc.

I'm going to build a pc crossover system later this year and frequency allocator was favourite, but it doesn't have any room correction (apart from parametric eq of course). I would be interested to see if anyone has tried "Audiolense" yet.

I am planning a 3 way active system and what I don't uderstand is how the convolution filter is used to access 6 output channels. Can anyone enlighten me?

thanks for the link, it's the software I've been searching for

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you do is:
do measurements and get the correction filter
load filter into the convolver vst, which goes into Console (vst host)
of course, if you want to use 1 correction filter for the whole system (through 6 of your channels), the convolver vst has to go in front of Frequency allocator inside Console

From what I've gathered from Juicehifi.com so far, you can use Audiolense to do active xo as well. I haven't test out the software yet, but I'm really anxious to and wondering if it performs as advertised. PC XO is really taking off.:cool:

I've been beta testing Audiolense for a little while now. Overall it seems to work very well. Currently having measurement problems since I changed soundcards, but overall it works.

Currently I am using it as an active crossover for a stereo two-way line array setup. I bi-amp each line array, so my 2.1 setup uses 5 channels from my b-enspire sound card.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.