External tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Raka said:
I'm trying to study the time alignment and the difraction response, but with a ready made tweeter. The adapting housing would considered as an alternative.

Any manufacturer builds this?

Swan (i think its them) build a little "pod" tweeter, and there are neo tweeters from Audax* (Morel too IB, probably others) that aren't much bigger than the dome that would be ideal for mounting in a small, minimum diffraction housing.

*TM010A1, TM010A7, TW014B5 & the TM025C1 pictured to name a few

dave

Attachments

• tm025c1.gif
    tm025c1.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 450
About Tweeter Mounting

Here is how Naim has done in several Loudspeakers.
This allows adjustment of the the tweeter direction.
And I imagine it avoids the tweeter to
be affected by resonances in the frontbaffle.

This is a flexible solution - to a degree, at least

Picture is from Naim SL2 user manual

/halo - likes flexible systems

Attachments

• tweeter_naim_sl2.gif
    tweeter_naim_sl2.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 438

Although meant for pa and very high quality studio monitors,.

The FANE FST5020 slot tweeter, 8 ohm,6 khz-21khz, spl 1w at 1m 112 db,40w AES. Used with a high pass 18db 6 khz crossover,and mount it in a small wooden box.
The only downside is the price £80 inc vat each tweeter.

or AUDAX TW034X0 1 1/4 inch soft dome tweeter 34mm.70w rms,sens 1w at 1m 93 db,resonance frequency 800hz,ferrofluid cooling,8 ohm.Solid aluminium faceplate,replaceable voice coil assembly.

or AUDAX TM025F1 round dome tweeter,70w rms,8 ohm,1khz-20khz,Ferrofluid cooled voice coil,neodymium magnet [25 mm x 3mm],linear excersion +/- 0.05 mm,sens 1w at 1m 92 db.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.