New house, new HT ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New house, new HT ... with a new set of challenges!

The room is medium sized, approx 4.6m deep x 3.9m wide and 2.75m floor to ceiling.

Floor plan:

542219157_d607494040.jpg

System schematic:

542219159_099c08e108.jpg

Speakers are Vifa P17 midbass and D25AG dome tweeter in MTM with a passive crossover on open baffle panels approx 400mm wide (Fequal ~ 200 Hz) with 2 x Rythmik Audio DS12 direct servo 12" sealed subs. The OB panels sit on top of the subs. Dimensions shown give cancellation of first front and rear wall reflection.

I have two problems:

1. Normally I have a small amount of hum which becomes a problem if I use the plate amp's high pass (low level outputs)

2. Midrange problem around 600 Hz where sustained notes seem to ring like crazy (I didn't have this problem in a previous room).

I find the ringing is mostly a problem with piano or with midrange horn sounds in the original. An opera singer hitting high notes (not my usual thing) is unbearable. I note that this problem doesn't seem to occur when I go up close to each panel, so this reinforces my thinking that it's a room problem.

Any ideas on how to fix either problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.