Made me some bass traps and an amp stand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure where to post this, but I just finished some hanging bass traps-

Hanging Bass Traps

These are not as easy as you think! Anyway, they definately reduce echo in the room and make the speakers sound better. Going to make me some more and some different variations.

Also, fyi, just finished an amplifier stand, filled with sand.

Amplifier Stand.

Not sure I hear a difference with this, but people sure like to use stands don't they? Right now using it with the Krell clone that I built long long ago...

I never really thought DIYing saved you much money, and this is confirmed by the bass traps, which cost me about $74 each to make in materials. While I could have made these cheaper, they are approaching the cost ($86) of some of the commercially available Ready Acoustics traps, as you can see via the cost breakdown on the link.

An acoustic panel can also absorb the bass frequency.But only when it is thick enough.From my understanding 10cm thick isn't thick enough to do anything to the bass ? Only higher frequencies are absorbed.
You have mounted them in the corner,some cap between the wall and panel "makes" the panels as they were thicker,thats good.

Good luck with building the round bass traps,put some pictures here when ready.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.