watering can reso

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have built a lot of speakers like Horns, closed boxes or with bass reflexion. And I hear something about speaker, how use the resonance of case for optimise the bass! I won´t believe this, but it was made me curious.

so, I start to built one of this reso. It´was not the real for me, but what was wrong with this? This reso works only on 1 frequenze like a BR.
I was looking around and found a crazy way to built a reso, that really works.

For pictures and detail information, please enjoy:
http://freenet-homepage.de/stratihatti2/page111e1d88268.html

I hear this box a long time, now I prefer my open baffle, also shown on this forum: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=103043

Nice greatings, Hatti

Hi Lynn Olson,

Thanks for answering and gratulation. I know, that´s not easy to show something like this, cause the most people can´t believe, what they see. With normal hifi- understanding you can´t realice what you see and this can´t be! -- so where is any speaker? :D

Congratulation to you, also! You have found my lovely Ladys! :cool:

I have a little work on her, she´s sceeming a little bit! Put the high-cut, on the amp, at 10 -> it´s O.K.

I built some more of this funny things! But not all will be fine!

Crazy idea, try and error and a little bit of knowledge, that´s my why.

Cheers, Hatti

Well, it took a lot of courage to not only make the "organic" enclosures, but then put them on the Web!

I really admire that. I am curious, though ... what does your girlfriend think of them? Women usually have a dim opinion of hi-fi - seems like these would get a reaction for sure.

I just had an unsettling thought - what if your girlfriend suggested a version for her - using a male model instead!?

Instead of an (almost) open baffle with the hole in the back you could consider an upside down voight pipe design.
the sealed end that tapers to a point is inside one leg, the open end could be the neck.
Perhaps both legs, each with slightly different tuning to flatten out the humps in the frequency response? A double voight pipe with one driver. I have no idea how well that would work.

Hatti & Lynn, My wife saw the natural speakers, she thought they were very funny, she actually liked them better than front loaded horns (she hated some I showed her and I am not allowed to build any.)

I love your idea.

Edit:
How does it sound wearing a jacket?
Buttoning the jacket up slightly could make a karlson slot...

Hi Lynn,

this woman-speaker´s not ready at all! So, sound´s not as well, as the other speakers I have! So, I haven´t presented on web, yet. Next time, I will spending most of my time, in testing some other open baffle forms.
So, this´ll be wait.

My wife´s opinon: She like her too. She have no problem with my speakers. First I want to take the form from her, but she won´t! :xeye: So, i sayed to her: "OK, I ask my lovely next-door neighbour!" :D
To built a male version: No! I thought about and think: to many resonance by the large body. ...womans body are perfect!

@Lynn & OzMikeH: I have a wonderful wife: I´m aloud to built what I want! I have my own room, to do what I want. She can design the livingroom, how she like. And in her own room, she have her own audio stuff: with high quality transistor stuff, and 2nd: a tuberadio, with small vintage Speaker and a CD-Rom drive for listen!

@OzMikeH: hey, what´s going on? A man had to do, what a man had to do! :cool:
Most girls I know, love deep low frequence! Built a small horn first and she´ll stay on your side!

voight pipe: also thought about this; the way has to be a little bigger than a normal leg have, I don´t want to built miss piggy, whith fat legs!!! :xeye:

Karlson with a jacket: what about my rear open place? and the front has to be stiff!

She sounds better wearing a t-shirt! That makes a high and midrange cut!

Nice day, Hatti

Hi panomaniac,

I like the version, without bikini best, also! :cool: So, I have a problem to tune her with a t-shirt! :D

@OzMikeH:

show your wife this: http://www.realhorns.de/ or look on one of this pages: http://www.rahaso.de/foren/msg.php?f=audiotreff_hoerner&idx=16891&

you´ll find big horns! Than you show her the biggest ones and ask her: "hey, I can´t decide witch one I shout have to built!" :rolleyes:

She will be lucky, if you built your small one, you really want first! :D

Everywhere is someone how make it crazzier!

Good luck, Hatti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.