Why are these so cheap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That tweeter is on sale, its regular price is over $50

I suspect that tweeter is the same as the XT25TG30. The latter is now being sold under the Peerless label rather than Vifa (Peerless, Vifa and Scan Speak are divisions of the same company). Transfer of production to China probably forecasts significantly lower prices for these drivers so they can compete with the likes of Hi-Vi, Silver Flute et al.

This was an OEM in excess, I understand. I think it a great deal and would pick up a pair if I didn't have 10 pairs of tweeters already on the shelf. The name change is largely due to the fact that the old Vifa owners sold the Vifa name before selling the company. So the new guys (Tympany) had to kill the name and move all the Vifa under the Peerless name. Vifa is now (or was) selling complete speakers off in Germany or whatever. Also, a lot of the vifa items on sale are because Tympany is moving the production to china. So this is the last chance to get Danish made units.

BTW, there are some really nice drivers on that sale page right now. Anyone thinking about an awesome speaker should look seriously at those Seas woofer and Seas and Vifa tweeters. Also the Vifa 5" that is near the top is a great driver, easy to tame and sounds great. Take a pair per side of he 8" Seas, mid range with the Vifa 5", Seas or Vifa tweeter, Wow.

p

Re: Re: Why are these so cheap?

ThomasW said:

BTW, there are some really nice drivers on that sale page right now. Anyone thinking about an awesome speaker should look seriously at those Seas woofer and Seas and Vifa tweeters.

does that include the Seas H1426 6.5in woofer - apparently an OEM special?

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=h1426&x=10&y=7

i have a 9 litre sealed box that i was putting other drivers in, but these look much nicer (appearance wise) and seem to match a sealed 9l box nicely?

i already have a pair of Seas H623 Al dome tweeters to go with them.

frequency response will be totally different when you put driver in a box or baffle. looks like madisound measured it in a closed box.
here is my free air measurement of Seas H1426

Attachments

• cd18re.gif
    cd18re.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 174
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.