Measuring driver's acoustic centrer, voice coil distance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to calculate values for an all-pass phase correcting filter, but I don't know how to measure the distance between each driver's "acoustic center" or voice coil. Information like the depth from the driver surface to the center of the voice coil is not given for the drivers I'm trying to integrate. How have people done this in the past?

Drivers:
Seas 27TDFC
Dayton RS150S-8
Dayton RS270S-8

m0tion said:
I'm trying to calculate values for an all-pass phase correcting filter, but I don't know how to measure the distance between each driver's "acoustic center" or voice coil. Information like the depth from the driver surface to the center of the voice coil is not given for the drivers I'm trying to integrate. How have people done this in the past?

Drivers:
Seas 27TDFC
Dayton RS150S-8
Dayton RS270S-8

If you can make measurements, try the link. If not, a good assumption is the former/diaphragm attachment point. Measure the depth for each driver relative to the front of the baffle.

Determining relative acoustic offset

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.