Speaker Stands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im looking for some ideas from members on here, how people built there speaker stands. I was going to make something like this with 2 pieces of 3" pvc then fill with sand like i did before. I thought i would ask for ideas and suggestions from others.. I could just buy a pair for 139$ too.

J'

Attachments

• mirage speaker stand.jpg
    mirage speaker stand.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 389
A cheap way might be to find at a building supply offcuts of the composite decking (trex) 4x4 posts. Just need a base and top if the speakers are larger. The hollow ones you could tap holes to route speaker wire through. Even at $4/ft they are still a decent buy.

$139 for a solid stand, quality isn't that bad a price if they work cosmetically. It comes down to your time to make something up and the availability of materials to use.

Stand ideas

A Stand is the furniture that places your speakers at an optimum height, correct? I am also planning my next project and it involves small speakers. I plan on a 2way with 6.5" mid-woofer. The optimum height is the question for me.

Sorry to get off course on this, but my thoughts are organizing...LOL

For stability, 3 - 2" PVC tubes would be better then 2 tubes... that is obvious enough, but a single 4" or 6" would be better! Providing you pay close attention to securing everything down, placing SAND in the lower half would help keep it stable. Or... go this direction!

Speaker Stands in the Home Audio / Video Department at Parts Express | 2017

I am too on the same wagon, I am looking too for speaker stands, for full size threeway speakes which are 14 kilos its one.
Their height needs to be between 45 to 50cm Max.

I am thinking the DIY approach but by using fine in quality materials.
The bottom plate could be from black kitchen bench wood (30mm in thikness) , which is strong and has a ready curve at the front.

The midle section could be of 12cm water pipe.
And regarding the top plate will be made also 20mm in thikness wood.

In my case the most simple test, that is standing in front of my speakers in seating VS standing-up position, proved to me that bass frequencies are the most fragile or easy to be lost.
Another detail which pleased me about my Philips tweeters is their ability in HF dispersion, it seems wide enough to offer you room for more experiments regarding positioning.

Naturally if money is no problem, you may get motorized stands and find the sweet-spot more effortless.

I am attaching a picture of my speakers with their commercial stand which is not available anywhere.
Plus a second picture with the same stand in a sorter version.

Basically is so easy to be copied, I started visiting local carpenters, so to find out if they have any pieces of wood that I can use.

Attachments

• FV 815 Stand_4.jpg
    FV 815 Stand_4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 123
  • FV 815 Stand_3.jpg
    FV 815 Stand_3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 121
Hi,

There are loads of ways of making stands, and the illustration in
post #1 is not the way to do it, a poor design for a tiny speaker.

I said before the tall stand looks a liitle high, the short stand
looks a a little low, best axis is usually tweeter ear hieght.

rgds, sreten.

I said before the tall stand looks a liitle high, the short stand
looks a a little low, best axis is usually tweeter ear height.

My first in priority hobby is digital photography, the seemed as long stand is just 45cm and the speaker cabinet is 62cm long.

They use to say.. do not buy furniture from a picture, cameras lens can cheat in the hands of an experienced photographer. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.