Price-no-object design for dynamic/complex music ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what about this? :eek: :eek:
its from www.nirvanaaudio.com they're huge, actualy very huge.21" bass, 15" VOLT midbass, about the midrange it says Audax profesional range, and ribon tweeters LCY...... that's some price no object project :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ronc said:
This whole thread has re-peaked my interest in multi ways. Kinda sorta like meeting an old GF and remembering what a good time was had.
OK i did some rough sketching and ran some sims. If you used something like the butal surround 10" woofer (pioneer) and tunded in a sort of BR/short TL/horn final you could get down to 28Hz. A fostex FE107 in a conical waveguide rolled in at 240 Hz by sealed back chamber and a padded compression driver/horn rolled in at 10 K. Sorta like a mini Vott. First pass,11.50 " W,34" height,17"" depth. The body forms the horn. There would only be one coil to roll off the bass and one cap to roll in the tweet horn. The 107/bass driver/horn tweet would all be time/phase aligned in this cab.
A mini Vott on the cheap.

ron

Ron - was a cabinet ever sketched or even built? I'm very interested in the 25Hz from a 10"...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.