New Mexico Speaker Builder????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A Number of years ago i did some work at a studio that had a very large custom made pair of speakers. the owner of the studio said they were made in new mexico.

These were very unique. if you were to look at a cross section. they were diamond shaped. they were big floor standing models about 5 or 6' tall and had 2x 12" woofers, two cone mids and a Focal T-120 tweeter in a w-m-t-m-w config.

These things were very heavy and this model was coated in some sort of pro speaker type black resin.

They sounded great. amazing speakers. but i have never known who the make was. and i havent seen any speaker MFG's located i N.M.

Do these sound familier to anyone???

Odd speakers

Zero, I worked at a place in Albuquerque that built speakers as part of a high -end audio store. Just about anyone who was into audio was in there at some time. Ate dinner with Paul Klipsch and Georgia (what a doll) numerous times. The owner of the store did a lot of the speakers. I cannot confirm he was the one who built them, but I would bet he had something to do with them. His name was Loren Bishop and everybody came in to pick his brain. I learned a lot about building from osmosis. Regards, Gearheaddruid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.