bass box pro software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use it. Seems to be reasonably accurate. I like the ability to tweak a driver's T-S parameters and save it to the database. It's also nice to have any number of open designs, and overlay the frequency responses. Wish the graphics could be expanded a little better, but maybe I just don't know how to use the software.

To be honest, I've only run through two designs, and only one of them I've heard the results. Bass is under construction. I do wish I had the ability to insert active crossovers into the response, as opposed to being limited to only passive. It also seems the crossover design portion is limited in the ability to customize RLC networks - you're kind of stuck with the standard offerings.

To summarize, I think the $200 for the package is about right, but I'm not exactly exuberant about the software. It works for what I need it to do, and with anything of course, in the end you let your ears be the judge.

Selah

Bassbox is a complete waste of money. IF you have a recent version of MS Excel, Kristian Ougaards' Unibox does more for nothing.

The crossover pro has serious limitations, which makes it hardly a pro offering. It cannot use phase (essential) in its calculations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.