Choices, Choices, Choices and more Choices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At the moment i am like a kid in a sweet shop, i am not sure where to go with my next speakers. :xeye:

a little background...
i have had a few Diy speaker, including some FR125's in a Sealed box, some Omnes Audio L8's in OB and quite a few commercial speakers. my hifi at the moment is a Teac VRDS 10SE, Teac A-BX7R and some Tannoy Cheviots. my room is about 11ft square, i like rock, acoustic, 70-80's pop and brit pop/indie etc and occasionally like to play it quite loud :devilr:

from my hifi at the moment i think it is fine with acoustic music but falls short dynamically with rock and faster music. (and i am very sensitive to bright speakers and i like imaging and especially vocal presentation with tight bass rather than depth)

and then onto the choices, i like designs of speakers that are a bit different to commercially available ones (why i want to diy) and this is a couple of ideas that i have....

-the new 10" Silver Iris's in Open Baffle with mabye a pair of 10" Auggies

-multi way OB with a wide range (maybe new Hemp 6.5V or FX120 etc) and super-tweeter and a pair of 10" Auggies

-something like the Fostex FE108Sigma or FX120 in a BiB (might not be best with higher volumes)

-upgrade the crossover and cabinet for the Tannoy HPD315's

got to be relatively easy to build and i have up to £700 ($1400) really ;)

so thats it really, too many ideas and choices :whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.