EnABL Processes - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 19th November 2007, 11:26 PM   #1001
Banned

Default Heils

http://hometown.aol.com/batespm/images/heils.jpg

Click the image to open in full size.

No magic dots

Old 19th November 2007, 11:35 PM   #1002
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Sweet!! How did you magnetize those big blocks of wood??!!

Old 19th November 2007, 11:45 PM   #1003
Banned

Click the image to open in full size.

Veneer, mortite, a saw blade and felt,,!

Old 19th November 2007, 11:50 PM   #1004
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

Well then, maybe I will be quick enough to be the first post of the new century....

As for EnABLing an AMT, I doubt you would need a pattern for every fold. I think this might make them pretty soggy. I would first put a line of blocks at the joint between the mylar emitter panel and whatever clamps them in place, on the mylar. This being the first place where a lot of reflections will arise. Then treat the rest of the core / mounting mass with a linear pattern for every vertical wall or break over from a local horizontal surface that exceeds 10 degrees or so.

Beyond that, just a set of electron pools and you should be good to go, tune up all done....

Bud

edit, oh well, maybe for the beginning of the third century....

Old 20th November 2007, 12:06 AM   #1005
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Hey Magnetar!

I've been reading your thread with great interest and looking to do a smaller version of your OB "Creation". Gonna start off with the AMT's 'cause I have 'em in hand - but want to try Freddie's K-tube tricks the way you did on your project. Still trying to figure out a good midrange unit for that important 300-3kHz range - although BudP's EnABL should help WRT that.

Hi Bud - We are in agreement about the folds in the AMT - don't want to touch 'em - for several reasons. I was simply going to slap a dual row EnABL pattern next to the vertical slot near the diaphragm and another set where the "waveguide"(?) begins curving and another on the outside edge of the assembly. As Chris mentioned earlier - there are a couple of key suspects to look at.

Old 20th November 2007, 03:01 AM   #1006
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisb
absolutely stunningly gorgeous Sonus Faber Stradivari
Sonus Faber Elipsa.

A VERY beautiful loudspeaker... i am very tempted to take a set of Fonkens in once we get them done (still have not yet had EnABLing the cabs hit the top of the queue) in to see which one wins in the midrange stakes (i have the feeling the guys at the Hounds might be a bit miffed)

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sonasfaberelipsa.jpg (9.3 KB, 651 views)

Old 20th November 2007, 02:56 PM   #1007
stroop is offline stroop  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Folks,

I'm going to try and Enabl my fe108es'

Just a couple of questions.... Dave, did you use dammar or puzzle coat on yours?

I could get dammar but not puzzlecoat.

I did however find a water based gloss varnish from the hobby shop that is used over decoupage. Sounds like puzzlekoat but different brand. It's made in Germany. It's runny but thicker and light, milky and see through. I can easily water it down. It seems to flow very nicely onto a piece of paper. It's used like a varnish and of course dries clear. What do you reckon?!

I also got the caligraphy pen and model acrylic.

Thanks!
Stroop

Old 20th November 2007, 04:03 PM   #1008
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

stroop,

You will also need to obtain the Micro Scale Gloss coat material to go over all of the other materials. Look here to see what it is and how to obtain it. This is actually quite important and should not be substituted with another material.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=9

Might I suggest that you treat some other speakers before moving on to the 108's? Boom box, auto or computer speakers will provide an easy practice, just to get your skill set up to what will be needed.

Besides, this practice will provide you with amazing sound from places you never expected it.

Bud

Old 20th November 2007, 04:20 PM   #1009
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

Sonus Faber Elipsa.

A VERY beautiful loudspeaker...
thanks for the correction - the picture doesn't do it justice

Quote:

am very tempted to take a set of Fonkens in once we get them done (still have not yet had EnABLing the cabs hit the top of the queue) in to see which one wins in the midrange stakes (i have the feeling the guys at the Hounds might be a bit miffed)

dave
that might be a You-Tube moment, but don't expect a handmade coffee afterwards....

Old 20th November 2007, 05:07 PM   #1010
stroop is offline stroop  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thanks Bud!

I don't have anything else to practice on!

So I'll just keep practicing with the calligraphy pen on paper until I feel confident.

The stuff I got was from 'Marabu' it is high gloss and water, light resistant and is extremely durable. Sounds really similar.

I'll try it see! I'll thin it down though.

Adrian

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!