Beyond the Ariel

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Jean-Michel,

These were made by Foster, this was a highly niche in its day (i have seen over 20 variations from a half dozen vendors, generically called FE103A, More info here

LBSONY10.jpg

dave

Hello Zene,

My friend Nicolas Davidenko is using a digital crossover and perform the alignment using delays on the digital crossover for optimal impulse response.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Jmmlc ... those are beautiful so why am I still focused on phase alignment vs. looks?
I guess I'll just forget it and go on with my life.
Zene

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the information about those small loudpeakers.

I'll transmit your message to my friend Nicolas Davidenko who is the owner of those loudspeakers.

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Jean-Michel,

These were made by Foster, this was a highly niche in its day (i have seen over 20 variations from a half dozen vendors, generically called FE103A, More info here

LBSONY10.jpg

dave

Hello,

Lot of OT things those last days isn't it?

Le blog de audiobricolos

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Pretty spectacular, Jean-Michel! I'm sure it sounds even better than it looks. So refreshing after all the mainstream drek at the 2012 RMAF.

Decorator hint: I really like the EV SP12B's stacked on top of each other - a nice little nod to those-in-the-know.

My friend Nicolas Davidenko is using a digital crossover and perform the alignment using delays on the digital crossover for optimal impulse response.

Jean-Michel ... then how does this fit in with this thread (in general) which does not believe in anything but caps and coils.

Lynn ... why aren't you all over this apparent bad phase alignment?
Propose the same system to Romy and read the wrath.
Zene

Last edited by a moderator:

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
There were some rooms with decent sound. Sony/Pass Labs had good sound. JBL had Everests, which sounded good. Volti Audio had a nice all horn system. Nagra electronics had superb sound. Again, all these were priced so high that they were beyond the reach of atleast this audiophile. The only one that had decent sound and a very reasonable price were the Magnepans (although, they were sneakily running a center channel, which they admitted only upon asking :)).

Edit: Forgot to mention a couple of Japanese companies. FAL, which had an SIT amp driving custom designed full range drivers. Very involving. And also another room with triodes driving large floorstanders. Good sound.

Last edited:
Hi

it might be already somewhere in this thred but would be hard to find so i just ask :

is there a spreadsheet for the 425hz le cleac'h horn that someone can point me to . i might have someone who can turn some horns for me but he needs more details .

thanks

Last edited:
good day Lynn

I am new to speaker construction; and wish to use the ME2 as my first endevour.
It appears that the drivers used in the original design are no longer available
Are there current drivers that you would recommend in there place
Thank you for the consderation and await your reply
bikerbob