Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 26th August 2017, 11:40 AM   #1
avanc is offline avanc
diyAudio Member

Default 3way +subs and FIR. How?

I'm considering different options and wanted some suggestions.
Im up for diy with the sharc modules, but I'm struggling to see the best option for me.

I need 2 inputs with 6 analog outputs. These will control a 3way system.
Later on I need to expand to one more input, with two analog outputs (subs).

I want to keep it as compact as possible. All modules are up for consideration, but I need(read:want) FIR for all channels.

MiniDSP(s) will be be getting the inputs from a AV receiver, where I want the sub signal passed to the miniDSP, instead of the front channels, for subs.
Old 16th November 2017, 12:43 PM   #2
BE718 is offline BE718
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanc View Post
I'm considering different options and wanted some suggestions.
Im up for diy with the sharc modules, but I'm struggling to see the best option for me.

I need 2 inputs with 6 analog outputs. These will control a 3way system.
Later on I need to expand to one more input, with two analog outputs (subs).

I want to keep it as compact as possible. All modules are up for consideration, but I need(read:want) FIR for all channels.

MiniDSP(s) will be be getting the inputs from a AV receiver, where I want the sub signal passed to the miniDSP, instead of the front channels, for subs.
PC (I use laptop) + Acourate + Motu 8A (or A N Other professional audio interface).

I have been exactly where you are, there simply isnt a miniDSP option (or other dsp board that I know of) with enough processing capability for multi channel high TAP FIR.

My build
3 way DSP XO | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Last edited by BE718; 16th November 2017 at 12:49 PM.

3way +subs and FIR. How?Hide this!Advertise here!