Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 31st May 2017, 04:32 AM   #1
zobsky is offline zobsky  India
diyAudio Member

Default Can I use two minidsp 2x4HD

.. one for the right channel and the other for the left, .. to potentially end up with a stereo 4 way setup ?

Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 04:57 AM   #2
454Casull is offline 454Casull  Canada
diyAudio Member

Do you have two of them? If not, just buy an OpenDRC-DA8.
Old 31st May 2017, 01:03 PM   #3
zobsky is offline zobsky  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post
Do you have two of them? If not, just buy an OpenDRC-DA8.

I have one . Considering whether to go 4x10HD, OprnDRC DA8 or. Just buy another 2x4HD
Old 31st May 2017, 05:21 PM   #4
Davey is offline Davey  United States
Sin Bin

If you're using the analog inputs, interfacing a second one is very straightforward.
If you're using the digital or USB input, it's going to get more complicated.

Dave.
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:56 PM   #5
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

I am in the same situation. I have a 2x4HD. I would like use two, one in each speaker along with the amps to create a self contained 'digital input' powered speaker ala Meridian. Is there a way to sync up the internal volume controls on two 2x4HD units? Or am I in for reducing the level of the SPDIF digital stream before I send it to the 2x4 HD units? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 23rd July 2017, 08:09 PM   #6
454Casull is offline 454Casull  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobsky View Post
I have one . Considering whether to go 4x10HD, OprnDRC DA8 or. Just buy another 2x4HD
You can't use rePhase with the 4x10 HD. Other than that, I don't think there's a big difference between the three options... although you should probably be asking on the miniDSP forum.
Old 23rd July 2017, 10:21 PM   #7
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

I may have solved my own problem. If I uncheck the box [] Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device in Windows Digital Audio Interface Properties, JRiver no longer sets the volume over SPDIF to 100% all the time and the windows audio volume control works over SPDIF. I found an SPDIF splitter on Amazon " DotStone TOSLINK/SPDIF Digital Optical Audio Splitter" So I think I can just configure each 2x4HD to look at one channel and I'm down the road. Optical cables running from the PC to each speaker with a 2x4HD in each. The dream is alive.
Old 24th July 2017, 04:20 AM   #8
Davey is offline Davey  United States
Sin Bin

Yes, that does sound like a decent solution.

You could conceivably keep two 2x4HD units in sync via the IR volume control.....but not for very long.
I find the system volume control schemes on most of the miniDSP units somewhat frustrating, for various reasons.

Dave.

Can I use two minidsp 2x4HDHide this!Advertise here!