Can I use two minidsp 2x4HD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the same situation. I have a 2x4HD. I would like use two, one in each speaker along with the amps to create a self contained 'digital input' powered speaker ala Meridian. Is there a way to sync up the internal volume controls on two 2x4HD units? Or am I in for reducing the level of the SPDIF digital stream before I send it to the 2x4 HD units? Any suggestions appreciated.

I may have solved my own problem. If I uncheck the box [] Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device in Windows Digital Audio Interface Properties, JRiver no longer sets the volume over SPDIF to 100% all the time and the windows audio volume control works over SPDIF. I found an SPDIF splitter on Amazon " DotStone TOSLINK/SPDIF Digital Optical Audio Splitter" So I think I can just configure each 2x4HD to look at one channel and I'm down the road. Optical cables running from the PC to each speaker with a 2x4HD in each. The dream is alive.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Yes, that does sound like a decent solution.

You could conceivably keep two 2x4HD units in sync via the IR volume control.....but not for very long. :)
I find the system volume control schemes on most of the miniDSP units somewhat frustrating, for various reasons.

Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.