My project- I'm new to this.... HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i am starting an a-level project for systems and controls. I have decided to create a loudspeaker system including a total of 4 speakers; a sub woofer, two woofers and a tweeter (or two but haven't decided yet). I've been researching what i will need and came across power amplifiers, passive and active crossovers. I understand that both have their benefits and disadvantages, but i think i would like to use an active crossover (miniDSP 2x4 or similar model). Now, am i right in thinking that an active crossover will need the incorporation of a bi-amp system included in the setup? If so could someone explain how this works?!
Also, i came across amps with two way and three way outputs, i think i'll need a three way, with the different types of speaker,but what is all this mono and stereo business?
Cheers :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.