nanoAVR HDA looks interesting!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I know many probably got the newsmail from minidsp, what looks very interesting for me is the nanoAVR HDA.

As far as I can see this is actually a complete and boxed alternative to my 2 2*4 units, with HDMI inputs/outputs! So it can be set up to replace my 2*4's if all my sources can use HDMI?

Last edited:
1. No plugins are needed for the nanoARV
2. You can run as many subs as you want - all 8 channels can carry LFE content.

I have the HD, and I use an altona hdmi to rca DAC.

While yes, you can do 8-way CX design and the signal routing is great, the actual nanoARV is not reliable enough for everyday use.

I have used it for test bench work with great success, but after 6 months of daily use, it is completely non-functional.

For this reason I recommend you stay away from the HDA, which is essentially an HD model with the DAC added. I read on their website that they will offer a kit for current HD users to upgrade to the HDA...

Given how buggy the HD has been from day 1, its short lifetime, and the 0 responses from the minidsp tech team... I say pass. They don't know what they are doing with hdmi - they can't even do a handshake right. :(

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.