USBStreamer and 192kHz SPDIF sync???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a USBStreamer from the new batch Oct-2014 (with a new eeprom) and have issues to get 192Khz SPDIF sync working. Using my own opto cable it works until 176.4 kHz and with the given opto cable (ends looks like a shower head with plenty of stray lights at the ends) and 96kHz will even not sync.

Does some else have same issue and got a better ToshLink receiver as mentioned JensH http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/minidsp/214068-usbstreamer-multichannel-usb-audio-interface-4.html#post3504588 #31 :confused:

Any reply on this regard is welcome... even from miniDSP...

Hp

Mine seems to work okay with a 192khz loopback. However, it's pretty finicky because if I manipulate the connectors a little bit it loses connection. :)

Do you use the given with the USBStreamer? If it's the case how the optical ends look like?

The best endings have a very clear cut. You may do the same do scrape with a sharp scalpel. If you connect one to and optical output and have the second opened, you should see a very clear light (not like from a shower brush :rolleyes:).

Some do a tweak using a liquid for better optical flow :D

Hp

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I have one of the little tape dispensers used for minor prepping of fiber cable ends.
The cables shipped with the USBstreamer don't look too bad. I have a couple of other cheap cables but they don't work any better (or worse.)

Why don't you swap out the transmitter/receiver blocks as Jen has done?
His streamer interface seems like an excellent addition too.

I don't use mine that much and I only have 96khz (maximum) content, so this project will go near the bottom of my to-do list.

Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.