miniDSP & Headphone Jack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking to build a DIY 2.1 receiver with digital input and room EQ. I would like to use miniDSP + miniDIGI + miniAMP (if it comes back in stock) + 20v 95w laptop power supply, and plan on building a case for it out of wood and sheet aluminum. There will be RCA sub out on the back. I will also add a front panel volume knob.

I would like to add a headphone jack to the front. When plugged in, output from amp to speakers, and from miniDSP to sub, would be disabled. What is the best way to accomplish this? There are a few possibilities:

1) Add i2c DAC, reroute i2c signal from miniAMP to DAC and disconnect sub out via relay controlled by headphone jack.

2) Change miniDSP software configuration via relay controlled by headphone jack.

I like option #2 more because it does not require the addition of a DAC, but have no idea if miniDSP can be reconfigured without plugging it into a computer. Is this possible?

As far as I know, MiniDSP has not made a general release of any API or other means of communicating with their board(s) except for the "plug-in" software that they offer.

They did talk about doing this a couple of years back for developers, but I don't think that ever happened. I would be interested in an API if ever one IS available...

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Charlie already answered your question.......at least with regards to option 2 and the miniDIGI/miniDSP.
You can switch configurations with a larger unit via a front panel "switch" (which is actually a rotary encoder) but that doesn't satisfy your objective........I don't think.

It would seem you could accomplish your plan with an external hardware solution and not something involving the miniDSP.

Dave.

Charlie already answered your question.......at least with regards to option 2 and the miniDIGI/miniDSP.
You can switch configurations with a larger unit via a front panel "switch" (which is actually a rotary encoder) but that doesn't satisfy your objective........I don't think.

It would seem you could accomplish your plan with an external hardware solution and not something involving the miniDSP.

Dave.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the previous post.

Where can I find more information about this rotary encoder? And what do you mean by larger unit?

Thank you for your response,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.