24 channel minidsp help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FIRSTLY THIS IS A MOBILE AUDIO SETUP.

do to know off the shelf dsp having enough channels nor the ability to be cascaded i find myself here hoping that a solution can be made.

i need 24 channels 16 for mids highs (4 4 channel amps 16 drivers) the remainder will be utilized by 4 mono blocks.

plan to use the 6 of 2x4 balanced boards do to them having the higher output voltage.

still need to develop a line driver board to get output voltage up to 8v (adjustable would be even better) will gladly compensate someone for help with that aspect.

my biggest issues/questions are the following.

Each board will be controlled individually by the software correct? That is where it would be nice to use the 8 output boards but they have the lower output voltage.. If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

signal will be coming from either a optical cable or single rca from a car pc. Does this signal need to be split between every board or is there a way to link the boards together?

was told I would need the digi board as well due to the digital signal. Do I need this for every board or just one?

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I'm having trouble understanding why you need 24 separate channels. You need 24 separate and unique xover/EQ paths? Is this a three-way system, a four-way system? Your concept seems to me to be much more complicated than need be. Maybe you can elaborate?

The 2x4 boards can be linked, but yes, you need a miniDIGI board at a minimum because the 2x4 boards only have analog inputs when they're operating stand-alone.

It's possible the nanoDIGI board might be a better main platform for your setup. Have you considered using that?

Cheers,

Dave.

I'm having trouble understanding why you need 24 separate channels. You need 24 separate and unique xover/EQ paths? Is this a three-way system, a four-way system? Your concept seems to me to be much more complicated than need be. Maybe you can elaborate?

The 2x4 boards can be linked, but yes, you need a miniDIGI board at a minimum because the 2x4 boards only have analog inputs when they're operating stand-alone.

It's possible the nanoDIGI board might be a better main platform for your setup. Have you considered using that?

Cheers,

Dave.

Very hard to explain but roughly the system is this 6 drivers per side in the front stage and 2 per side in rear fill

currently the sub stage is 2 separate 10k amps on 4 18's

just a crap ton of equipment that needs to be actively controlled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.