Car-fi miniDSP's (PPI DEQ.8/Soundstream Synthesis) - turn on/off thump?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently noticed that PPI, Zapco, and Soundstream have OEM variants of the miniDSP "x8". (PPI and Soundstream seem to use the excellent standard miniDSP
software. Zapco uses something less.)

I'm thinking about picking one up, IF it poses less of a risk than the 8x8 to downstream drive-units.

Has anyone used them? Do they have additional circuitry to fix the turn on (and especially turn-off) thumps that make the 10x10HD (IMO) unusable unless connected to a UPS?

Do you have a link? I looked on their forum but couldn't find anything.

Link to MiniDSP forum

Let's see if this works. DevTeam posted this:

Dear All,

There is indeed a fix for revision 1.3 of the 2x8 PCB (you can check the revision of your board on the PCB). All PCB currently shipping for the past few months have that rework since it was part of the manufacturing batch. I'm however afraid that earlier revs wouldn't be able to remove that transient. If you want the app note, feel free to get in touch with us( Contact us) and we'd be happy to help. It involves a bit of SMD soldering so for those of you who don't have SMD soldering skills, we'd be happy to perform the rework here.

Hoping this info helps.

DevTeam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.