MiniDSP 2x8, I think unblanced channels 1&2 just blew :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I just purchased nice new RCA cables and finished hooking them up between my MiniDSP and my volume control. Everything was shut off. Turned everything on, played some music, sounded great. Turned off to go work on my truck stereo before realizing I did not have the right star bit for the door screws. Went back in the house to listen to more music. Turned everything back on and the right mid sounded horrible, maybe 10db louder than all drivers, terribly distorted. Suddenly there was a POP and no more midrange sound. Put my ear up to the left mid, total silence. Put my ear up to the right mid and I could hear noise, nothing musical. Swapped out with my backup MiniDSP 2x8 and everything sounds great. Any ideas what might have happened? I don't see any physical damage on the board anywhere and all caps look great. Are there surface fuses on each unbalanced output channel and it is possible that I blew one of them?

Thanks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.