miniDSP for true active bi-amp system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m currently putting together a 2 ch stereo using the active bi-amping method. MiniDSP seems to be the way to go but with limited knowledge I’m struggling to know which components to buy and if they will do exactly as I hope they will do.

I’ve drawn a bit of a chart showing what I’d like to achieve. The main priority is to have all the DSP/OX happening in the digital domain then send all four channels out to their respective drivers through their own stand alone DAC’s/Amps.

My questions are:

A. Can the diagram drawn work?

B. If it can work will it all be digital as drawn or will there be analogue conversion?

C. Is the miniDSP 2x8 going to work here and is it the best piece to select in the miniDSP range (eg. miniSHARC)?

D. If I use the DIGI-FP do I still need the miniDIGI?

E. Can the 2x8 do DAC duties on two channels sending analogue to the subs but send digital out to four other channels as drawn?

F. Are there any room correction functions available using these items?

G. Whats the most suitable plugin for this setup that gives the most ability?

Thanks for any advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.