Recommendations for DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I was advised to post this question here. I am relatively new to designing speakers. Others have recommended that I get away from passive XO at least during the design phase where it is easier to work with electronics (minidsp?).

I have 2 power amps available to me. my speaker designs are usually 3 way but they have the seperate terminals for bass and mid/tweet. I was thinking one amp for the woofer and one for the mid/tweet. I'll still have to mess with passive parts at the higher XO point but at least it wont be the big coils and caps (where the expense is). I assume this minidsp gets inserted in line after preamp aand before power amps. If anyone can suggest some brands? My electronics are very good so I have 2 choices: get something reasonably priced just to develop the XO and remove when done or buy something that sounds great but is expensive. My Electronics are Burson 160D, Audio Research SP8 Aragon 4004 MkII and Acoustat TNT 200. i am concerned that the electronics may not be up to par with the rest of my system.

Thanks.

@ Wmb

Yes, we just had a little downtime overnight for us as our provider switched IP for SSL.
It should now be all up and running providing your provider propagated the DNS.

Let us know if you have any questions and sorry for the incovenience.
DevTeam

Jimbones, you might consider looking at Soundeasy loudspeaker design software, which has an emulation mode that uses your multi-channel sound card to emulate the actual passive crossover. This is the nearest you will come to hearing how your designed crossover will sound without actually building it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.