Question re: DC on balanced in/out on 2x8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 25th May 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Goto is offline Goto  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Question re: DC on balanced in/out on 2x8

Probably one for the MiniDSP team, in two parts:

Balanced inputs to the 2x8 - Is the input fully differential? Is it tolerant of dc voltage from either signal pin with respect to ground? My output stage has an offset of about 8v from hot and cold signals with repect to ground.

Balanced outputs from 2x8 - is there any DC on the output?

I haven't received my 2x8 yet (it's on its way), so can't just measure the outputs.

I'd like to get away without adding coupling caps.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 10:12 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just a BUMP to catch the Dev Team's eye!
Old 31st May 2013, 12:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

OK - so no response from the designers, but I can now answer my own questions. Posting it in case anyone else wants to know.

So I guess the order fulfilment team are more responsive than tech support - nothing new there!

There appear to be caps on both analogue input and output stages (prior to the ADC and post DAC). DC coupling is therefore not an issue on the way in, and there is no significant level of DC on the output pins (ref to signal ground or + to - signal).

Enjoy
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:10 AM   #4
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

@ Goto,

Sorry for missing your post. Sounds like you posted on our forum in the mean time so please see our reply there.

Due to our current workload, easiest to post on MiniDSP :: Category Index these days if you need a fast answer knowing we spend more time.

DevTeam
Old 4th June 2013, 08:15 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the replyy chaps, appreciated.

Mark

Hide this!Advertise here!