Question re: DC on balanced in/out on 2x8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably one for the MiniDSP team, in two parts:

Balanced inputs to the 2x8 - Is the input fully differential? Is it tolerant of dc voltage from either signal pin with respect to ground? My output stage has an offset of about 8v from hot and cold signals with repect to ground.

Balanced outputs from 2x8 - is there any DC on the output?

I haven't received my 2x8 yet (it's on its way), so can't just measure the outputs.

I'd like to get away without adding coupling caps.

Thanks

OK - so no response from the designers, but I can now answer my own questions. Posting it in case anyone else wants to know.

So I guess the order fulfilment team are more responsive than tech support - nothing new there!

There appear to be caps on both analogue input and output stages (prior to the ADC and post DAC). DC coupling is therefore not an issue on the way in, and there is no significant level of DC on the output pins (ref to signal ground or + to - signal).

Enjoy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.