NEED ADVICE: controlling Mini2x4 volume when using digital inputs - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 10th May 2013, 09:07 PM   #21
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

The guys at miniDSP were kind enough to offer a free repair for my fried old (V1.3) 2x4 board but I have managed to repair it myself. The fault was on a dual Schottky diode. Now it is up and running.
Just on time (yesterday I received a miniDIGI and a miniStreamer so there’s work ahead )

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miniDSP current cons.JPG (101.1 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by gpapag; 10th May 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:57 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

hi would like to ask if there is some progress for the initial question: "onboard volume control connections (as outlined in the 2x4 manual), but I would like to control the volume from where the rest of the stereo components are located. To do this I would run a 3-conductor cable from each speaker to a "volume control" unit that I would build. One speaker supplies the DC 3.3V source, which is varied in the volume control using a linear pot. The wiper output is returned to the 2x4 volume control pins in both speakers, so that they are controlled simultaneously. At this point it looks like this is the approach that I will use."
has someone tried something like this with pot > A0>> to arduin_) >D3>output to minidsp volume control pin ?

Click the image to open in full size. the orignal text says : The maximum voltage at output now seems to be 3.4V which seems to be in spec for that chip.

would like to use it with arduin_) code

void setup () { }

void loop () {
analogWrite (3, analogRead (A0) / 4);
}

any better ideas ?
thanks timmi
Old 15th July 2013, 08:37 AM   #23
minidsp is offline minidsp  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

@ timmi,

Using a PWM signal that is low pass filtered is indeed the easiest way to go and what has been done many times already (i.e. arduino/pic...).

We're 3.3V though. Not sure why this is showing 5V on this diagram. You wouldn't need an amplifier.

DevTeam

Hide this!Advertise here!