Mini dsp 2x4 output buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Minidsp 2x4 (V1.5) that I want to use in my system.

Configuration is

Source

Preamp/source selection Vol control

PGA2311 LCD Volume Remote Control Gold RCA Jeff Rowland | eBay

Minidsp

Ucd400 amplifiers

Problem is the input signal to the amp is too low. I need at least 2v input, my minidsp only outputs .9v and its just too quiet.

I was thinking of putting in a line driver after the minidsp, like this,

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2001
I would try the second board. It looks like 1k resistors in a standard configuration, so it should yield a 6db increase in output level on your UcD amp just from the unbal/bal conversion. Even if it doesn't, it's much easier to work on (with larger components) so you could modify it if necessary.

Cheers,

Dave.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I assumed the jumper was already in the 0.9v position. Maybe not?

The miniDSP is nearly unity gain when in this configuration, so you shouldn't notice a volume difference whether it's in the circuit or out.....depending upon how you program it.

It also depends upon the power amp used and it's voltage gain and required voltage input for rated power.

Cheers,

Dave.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
The miniDSP 2x4 balanced version would be perfect for that application. I assume you purchased your 2x4 miniDSP before the balanced output version was available?

Anyways, the unbalanced/balanced converter should do the job and increase your effective power amplifier gain to 32db. If you need more voltage you can always change a couple of resistors to increase it.

Cheers,

Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.