Is there one board for 3 way??? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > miniDSP

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 9th September 2012, 04:40 PM   #1
djn is offline djn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Is there one board for 3 way???

I have been tri amping for years. I've looked at the MiniDSP and a friend of mine is heavy into them, but I don't like having to buy two boards for 3 way. Is there a 3 way board in the works???
Old 9th September 2012, 08:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

It is already available! The miniDSP 2x8 is 4way - will also work 3way If you have your own DACs you can also have it all digital (nanoDIGI 2x8K)

best regards, Daniel
Old 9th September 2012, 09:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'm also confirming that the 2x8 will do a stereo 3-channel setup. There are eight output channels so you can do up to a stereo 4-way.

Note that the 2x8 is available as a "base board" (e.g. kit) like a PC board that requires a power supply to operate:
miniDSP 2x8 kit | miniDSP
or as a rack-mountable unit that is complete with power supply, digital inputs and outputs, and volume control:
miniDSP 4x10 Hd | miniDSP

Go to the MiniDSP web site and carefully read all the options to make sure that you get what is right for you.

It's a nice board!

-Charlie
Old 11th September 2012, 04:29 AM   #4
djn is offline djn  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys. I am glad to see this. A friend of mine has been playing with the 2 way since it came out, and I've been waiting for this to happen.

Hide this!Advertise here!